Off Leash Park Map – Locations and Boundaries
Assembled through the magic of Google Maps, Dogs YYC has curated an interactive map of all of Calgary’s 150 off leash park locations. From your desktop, or mobile device, you should be able to find the off leash park that is closest to you.
Calgary Off Leash Areas
Some things to remember about Calgary’s off leash areas:
- Your dog(s) should always be in your field of view and under your control;
- Your dog must be licensed and must be carrying his license on him (you may carry the license on your person but if puppy runs off, he is at large without a license.);
- You must pick up your dog’s poop (remember P.U.P.P.Y. – Pick Up Puppy’s Pooh Yourself);
- Some of Calgary’s off leash areas are fenced but many are not. Always keep an eye out for signage telling you when puppy should be on his leash;
- ALL of Calgary’s public off leash areas are multi-use areas with a couple exceptions (i.e. The park designated for the Calgary Associated Dog Fanciers Club adjacent to Elliston Park in Calgary’s southeast). This means that they are enjoyed by all Calgarians, regardless of whether they have a dog;
- Dogs must be on leash while on any path in the city even if that path goes through an off leash park. This is for the safety of anyone else enjoying the path;
- All of Calgary’s off leash areas are equipped with signs. If there is no signage designating the area as an off leash area, it is on leash only.
All the locations listed on this map are taken from the City of Calgary’s official list found on the city’s website. If you find that the off leash status of a park has changed, please contact us so we can update our information. Any damage or activity that you see at the park should be reported to the City of Calgary 311 (within Calgary only) information line. Alternatively, you can inform Dogs YYC, as we are city volunteers. Keep an eye out for us in the parks and don’t forget to say hello!
An article by Everyday Tourist stated that Calgarians were the proud parents of 122,325 dogs (at the time of writing). That’s better than 1 dog for every 10 people!
There are 150 different off leash areas in Calgary covering 1,250 hectares and nearly 800km of paths and trails. That’s a lot of ground to cover!
This page will give you resources like off leash area locations and the events happening at off leash areas so you will always know there’s a place for you and your furry friend to play!
Don’t forget, the City of Calgary’s Pets app! There, too, you can find the locations of all Calgary’s off leash areas as well as tons of info on licensing, shelters, and adoptions! The Pets app is available for iOS, Android, and Blackberry.